Not to sound like I am having unnecessary pride or anything here, but I received an overwhelming amount of Liebster Awards last month.
At the time, I was far too busy to give the award the attention it deserved. I am planning to actually complete that sometime in the next week or two, if it isn’t too late to keep that going. What do you guys think?
In any case, I am going to participate in this one right here and right now, before I let procrastination get the better of me!
Let’s Do This Thing
So, the Very Inspiring Blogger Award, what does it look like?
And who bestowed me with this wonderful nomination, but Nicole Davis, a wonderful woman whom I met through Blogging 101. If you have never heard of it, check it out! Writing 101 begins tomorrow, I believe. 🙂
Not only did Nicole at Triumphant Wings complete the course, but she enjoyed it so much that herself and a group of other dedicated bloggers decided to create Covey View, to connect those from blogging courses from 101 and 102 around the world, and celebrate their unique views!
So to be nominated by such an inspiring blogger herself was such a nice surprise for me today. I even would like to throw in a shout out to Wax’s World, where Nicole was originally nominated by Wax.
Now, to Accept the Award
- Thank and link the amazing person who nominated you.
- List the rules and display the award.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
- Optional: Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.
So one and two, check and check. That was easy so far. Next is seven facts about myself.
- I am a highly spiritual person. I have recently embarked on a path I never expected before. That of spirit, channeling, energy, focus, and enlightenment.
- Henry David Thoreau is one of my heroes, for the way he appreciated nature, solitude in writing, and forged a legacy of environmentalism and transcendence.
- It is challenging for me to list things about myself here, because now I am worrying about whether I am interesting enough! Well, I’m interested, so phooey. (Yeah, I just used that word!)
- People tell me often how much I look like someone they know. I take this to mean that either I look generic or I have an inviting aura about me.
- I have been expecting a global shift in consciousness, a new paradigm, and intellectual revolution, whatever you would like to refer to it as. I am so excited it is finally here, but at times it intimidates me how fast it is happening.
- I am like a content sponge. I read just about anything I can get my hands on. Cereal boxes, books of every nonfiction topic I can find, as many blogs as possible with varying interests, newspapers, magazines, anything. If I can read it, I will. I can go absolutely nuts in a bookshop or library. Nuts.
- Last but not least……….. Since I was a child, I have felt the urge that I am uniquely suited to do something great and meaningful here in this lifetime. It is a strange feeling, because I have alternatively felt both unhappy and blessed to have this feeling. I want to be humble, but no so much that I am too afraid to be true to myself.
7.5 I live my life out of the box, and let my creativity and intuition power my actions!
BAM! Bet you weren’t expecting a bonus half fact! Actually, you probably just skipped all those facts and jumped down here, in which case, do your thing, amigo. I just did mine.
Nominate 15 Other Bloggers
I don’t even know where to begin on this one. There are so many inspiring blogs on here! I am assuming I cannot nominated the person who nominated me, so just know I would have if I could
**Disclaimer: The rules don’t state you have to also talk about the blogs you nominate, so don’t go out of your way if you don’t want to! I’m just some crazy overachiever here (#8?? Maybe!).**
1. Okay, so first, I love this girl right here:
Her blog premise began as a ‘getting over an ex’ type of thing, but has morphed post by post to her telling her own story. She is funny and very honest, and of course inspiring!
2. One of the kindest and most interesting teachers running a blog today can be found here.
This middle school teacher hails from Virginia, and I always get a kick out of her posts describing the crazy antics her students get into.
She consistently comments on my posts with inspiring and sweet words of encouragement and hopefulness. It always brightens my day to hear from her!
3. Easter Ellen is a wonderful woman I ran across during Blogging 101 as well.
Easter (yes, that is really her name) writes about overcoming depression among other topics.
Although she speaks about God frequently you don’t have to be any particular religion to appreciate her beautiful blog, writing style, and the things she has to say to the world.
4. Chelle lives her life without any excuses. She doesn’t apologize for who she is, what she does, or why, because she understands that every moment is a learning opportunity to improve existence.
She speaks much about personal development and self growth, as do I. She is also a 20-something like myself. It is always refreshing to find other young people out here doing their thing. Thanks Chelle!
5. Jason Creative is one of the more fascinating individuals I have come across in this journey of blogging.
Jason has been through a lot of shit in his life, but he has managed to turn it most of it around and is now on a journey of finding himself and his purpose in this world.
Being middle aged (may I say that Jason?) and navigating this changing world we live in is a hard to task to manage in this day, and I applaud Jason for getting the strength to meet life head-on every day!
Jason has supported and encouraged my work since I began my blog, I feel like. He is a loyal and kind person. Check his work out.
6. Sara Sandoval is another young woman sharing her story of this crazy, messy world we live in, and her journey through it.
She is from California, now lives in Kansas, and has about 15 more years of college ahead of her. Just kidding, Sara, it’s six, right?
She writes thoughtful posts and has quite the eye for blog design. You’ll love her.
7. Another awesome Sarah right here! This one is Sarah Virginia, and her header image will captivate you into following her before you even read her work! (It wasn’t just me right, I have standards! Hehe)
She is another young female, and is intent upon turning standards and the norm upside down and forging her own path!
She speaks candidly and honestly about herself and her life with passion and love. Her blog is minimalist in design, so it’s never hard to find what you are looking for. A sweet person.
8. Lana comes from her blog about Living with Post Concussion Syndrome and everything in between.
Although Lana finds it confusing to deal with the blog award process, because of her injury, I do wish to nominate her nonetheless, because I know she enjoys getting that support. 🙂
Her blog is one of a few that I have witnessed that talks about living with various health problems, and how it is possible to live a good life, while also raising awareness for the issues.
What is more, she even has her own line of organic, made-to-order skin care products and decadent treats. So if you are looking for a gift, this is a great place to find it!
9. Pavanneh runs her blog over at Because I Can… as you may be able to surmise from the title, the site is about overcoming the odds and plugging away, every day, to see the life you dream of.
I met Pavanneh through Blogging 101 as well, and she is a a very kind soul, a grandmother to four, who uses her blog as a vehicle for her creativity, desire for social change, and honing her photography skills. I always look forward to reading her comments because they are so encouraging.
10. Can’t Fit In My Jeans is an ‘Ode to Failure’ by a talented young writer named Hahnara Hyun. However, the only thing she fails at is writing a post that I can read with a straight face.
She is hilarious, honest, and thoughtful. And very inspiring.
11. Brazil365 is a blog all about, you guessed it, Brazil! Written by Victoria Alexis, she takes you along on her journey to discovering all the country has to offer.
If you enjoy those blogs that take you around the world, this would be a great one to follow.
12. Starting Write Now is an awesome name for a blog if I do say so myself. It is so beautifully simple.
The blog has a great flow to it and many interesting things to say.
13. Lhu Wen Kai is another young person who has taken to blogging. He is only 16 years old, yet his blog looks so professional and his writing is very advanced.
Lhu is a great fellow blogger, and I enjoyed meeting him in 101, as well.
14. Crazy Guy in Thailand is a fun and educational blog about never letting others tell you how to live.
He travels a lot and his pictures are always fascinating, along with the introspective things he has to say about them.
15. Happily Polly was one of the very first blogs I found through Blogging 101.
It chronicles the life of Polly via different mediums of lifestyle topics. Polly has one of the most gorgeous blogs I have come across, and she designed it herself. Check her out for some great design inspiration!
Six Hours Later
Whew!!! That took a while! (I don’t know if it was really six hours, but it feels like it :P) I really enjoyed it and I hope everyone I nominated is glad to receive it!
So now I just have to let everyone I nominated know about it, and post my shiny new award on my page somewhere.
Once again, thanks to Nicole for nominating me, it was a pleasure! 🙂